Here is a great recipe to put away for Mardi Gras!
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Creole
Recipe type: dinner
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thights
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 can (15 oz) STEWED TOMATOES, UNDRAINED AND CHOPPED
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, Deveined and cleaned
- 1TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Add Bell pepper, onion, celery , tomatoes, garlic, sugar, paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours
- Add shrimp, lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover an cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot rice.