I love pasta, but I am always looking for ways to change it up! Here is a great Chicken Cacciatore recipe for the crockpot that everyone loves! I think I love it because you can really dress this dish up for company and no one would know it came out of the crockpot!
Chicken Cacciatore (Crock Pot)
Yield 6 -8
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup flour (optional)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Hot cooked linguini
- Grated cheese, Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Add chicken to slow cooker, and then top chicken with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil, and serve over linguini and pass the cheese.
- The flour is added as a thickener. It can be left out. You can thicken the sauce by removing the lid from the crockpot for the last 30 minutes and stirring in a couple tablespoons of cornstarch. Or leave as is.
This works best in a 4-7 qt crockpot.