This is a go to recipe in our house. I love it for many reasons, but these are the many ones
- Chicken can go in frozen
- Makes the house smell amazing
- Can make enough chicken for multiple meals
- Tastes unbelievable!
- No chemicals from store bought marinades
This is the chicken we use for tacos, nachos, and everything in between! YUM!
Citrus Chili Chicken (Crock Pot)
Author: [email protected]
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4-6 Whole Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 2 Green onions chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½-1 tsp seasoning salt (depending on how many breasts)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot (frozen is fine)
- Pour the lemon juice over the breasts and then sprinkle with seasoning salt, & chili powder.
- Top with lemons, green onions, and garlic.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- Serve chicken as is, or shredded on tacos, burritos, nachos and more!
You can add as many chicken breasts that will fit in your crockpot. You may want to add a little more seasoning if you are cooking more than 6. You can substitute lime for lemon.