I love using my crock pot for out of the ordinary recipes. Things you would have never dreamt could be made in your crock pot. With all the football games on in the next few weeks, we love having snacks on hand. This Crock Pot Chex Mix is just as delicious and easy as it looks. You can tweak it for your families likes, by using all gluten free ingredients, or choosing your favorite mixins. Store left overs in air tight containers for a yummy snack for later!
Crock Pot Chex Mix
Yield 16 cups
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cheerios cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 can mixed nuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all three Chex cereals, Cheerios cereal, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Whisk together vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder and pour over cereal mixture. Mix well.
- Cook uncovered on high for approximately 90 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for an additional 20 minutes, again stirring frequently.
- Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Substitute gluten free pretzels, and swap out the wheat chex for more gluten free rice chex. Also switch out the cheerios for your fav Gluten free o's.