We went and picked apples today for the first time and had an absolute blast! I have 2 huge bags of apples sitting on my kitchen table and I just keep thinking of all the delicious things I am going to make! This is first on my list!
You can eat these as a side dish, over ice cream or just by themselves!
- 6 large very tart apples, cored, sliced and peeled (peels on is okay too!)
- 1 cup golden raisin (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (or less if you have sweeter apples)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT BUTTER into crock pot; stir well, coating all apple slices, and place slices of butter on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2 hours OR cook on LOW 3-1/2 to 4 hours, stirring once half way through.
- Serve and enjoy!