Thanksgiving is coming but not all of the goodies need to go in the oven. Free up some space and make your Dressing or Stuffing in the crockpot! This is a fabulous recipe because it is gluten free and dairy free so all of your guests can enjoy! It turned out fabulous!
Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups dry Corn bread cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth, or as needed
- 1 eggs, beaten
- Cook onion, celery, and parsley in Olive Oil, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in egg.
- Transfer mixture to a 4 qt slow cooker, and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
You can use store bought dressing mix, but you may need a little more liquid for that. I used only about 1 1/4 cup broth because I made fresh cornbread that was still moist.
Courses Side Dish