This is perfect for those nights when you have dinner covered, but want something warm and decadent for dessert. It seriously took my less than 5 minutes to put this in my crock pot and get it started. 3 Hours Later, amazing deliciousness! You could get creative and use different types of filling, for me, Cherry is my fav.
CROCK POT DUMP CAKE
Crock Pot Dump Cake
Yield 8 -10
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (or this homemade cake mix)
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling (or filling of your choice)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- Dump 1 can of cherry pie filling into large crockpot. Spread out evenly.
- Top with dry cake mix.
- Then drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream
- Use dairy free margarine or coconut oil instead of butter and dairy free cake mix.
You are going to want to use a larger crockpot for this recipe. Mine is 6 qt.
Open the can of pie filling and spread it out over the bottom of the crock.
Top with the dry cake mix and then drizzle the melted butter or margarine over the top. Cover and let it do it’s thing for 2 1/2 to 3 hours on low. DO NOT OPEN THE LID. Every time you open the lid you are releasing heat and moisture. Increasing the dryness and the cook time.
When you come back, it should look like this.
Spoon and serve with some ice cream! YUM