Meatloaf is a classic, go-to meal at our house. I don’t always want to turn the oven on to make it, especially during the Summer. Thank goodness for my crockpot! This Crockpot Meatloaf recipe not only tastes delicious but takes all of the work out of a tasty meatloaf dinner!
Now you can try this amazing method of cooking it in the slow cooker. This Crockpot Meat Loaf turns out moist and is so simple to make. Give it a whirl and spend your day out of the kitchen.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- To remove loaf when done, line crock with wide strip of aluminum foil, coming up sides of crock.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and soup mix. Mix well, then add meat. Mix thoroughly, then shape into a rectangle or oval that won't touch sides of crock. Place in crock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- 10 minutes before its finished brush the top with ketchup. Cover and allow to finish cooking.
- Use crushed Rice Chex instead of bread crumbs. Also make sure to use a gluten free onion soup mix or alternative seasoning.
- Use a dairy free milk alternative such as almond, soy, etc.