Meat Loaf is a classic, go-to meal at our house. I don’t always want to turn the oven on to make it. Now you can try this amazing method of cooking it in the Crock Pot. This Crock Pot Meat Loaf turns out moist, and is so simple to make. Give it a whirl and stay out of the kitchen. 🙂
Crock Pot Meat Loaf
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- To remove loaf when done, line crock with wide strip of aluminum foil, coming up sides of crock.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and soup mix. Mix well, then add meat. Mix thoroughly, then shape into a rectangle or oval that won't touch sides of crock. Place in crock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- minutes before its finished brush the top with ketchup. Cover and allow to finish cooking.
- Use crushed Rice Chex instead of bread crumbs. Also make sure to use a gluten free onion soup mix or alternative seasoning.
- Use a dairy free milk alternative such as almond, soy, etc.