Dessert can sometimes be just as important as the meal. This Crock Pot Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of those desserts!
You can not deny how gorgeous this cake is! Especially for coming out of a crockpot. We all know that not every thing cooked in a crock pot comes out pretty.
I started with some very simple ingredients! Most of them you probably have in your pantry now.
I sprayed my crock pot with non-stick bakers spray. The kind with flour included. Then I sprinkled the bottom with brown sugar. I topped it with the pineapple rings and placed a maraschino cherry in each.
I mixed up the cake mix according to the package directions. Then I poured the cake batter over the pineapple & cherries.
Finally I put the lid on and let that cake cook on high for 2 hours. Depending on your crock pot you may need to let it cook for 3.
This is what my cake looked like after 2 hours. It was firm to touch and had started to pull away from the edges. Once done shut off the crock pot. Remove the lid and let the cake cool for at least 10- 15 minutes.
You are then going to carefully flip the cake out onto a platter and serve.
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix (prepared according to package)
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 10 maraschino cherries
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- Non-Stick Baking Spray
- Spray 6-quart Crock pot with baking spray.
- Sprinkle the bottom with the brown sugar, and top with the pineapple rings. Place a cherry inside each of the pineapple rings.
- Prepare cake mix according to package.
- Pour the cake batter on top of the pineapples. Cover and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours. You will know cake is done when it is firm in the center and begins to pull away from the edges.
- Turn off crock pot and remove lid. Allow cake to cool for at least 10 -15 minutes before you flip the cake onto a platter.