This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #VoteWrightBrandBacon #sponsored #Ad
Very few things are as amazing as the smell of snacks being made on a Sunday morning for game day. I swear we don’t really eat meals on Sundays during football season. It is more snacks on and off all day! One key component in any successful game day spread is BACON! This Crockpot Bacon Cheddar Pull Apart Bread is on the top of our list!
I ran to Publix and picked up what I needed to throw this simple recipe together. Just because it is simple doesn’t mean I wanted to sacrifice on taste or quality! You don’t limit yourself or feel guilty when you indulge – in fact, you encourage others to join in.
The first thing on my list was Wright® Brand Bacon! I chose Wright Brand Bacon because it is high-quality, thick-sliced, hand-selected bacon! Wright Brand Bacon is masterfully crafted for a richer bacon experience. It is naturally smoked with wood chips for a flavor like no other! I found it in the bacon/ breakfast sausage refrigerator case.
Wright Brand Bacon has several flavors to choose from. My personal favorite is the Applewood Smoked, so that is what I chose today. Other flavors include:
- Hickory Smoked
- Applewood Smoked
- Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon
- Bourbon Barrel Smoked
- Oak Barrel Smoked
When it comes to bacon, you shop with a discerning eye, evaluating each pack (fat/meat ratio, color, and cut) because the quality of the bacon can make or break the whole experience. There is nothing worse than fatty, greasy bacon that shrivels up to tiny pieces. When Wright Brand Bacon hits the table, it’s like a magnet – everyone comes running to grab some before it’s gone, leaving you and your family feeling satisfied.
Enjoy your Bacon The Wright Way™! Go now to cast your vote for which flavor you like in the Wright Brand Bacon voting poll. Plus, share your favorite recipes with bacon as the main ingredient and hashtag it #VoteWrightBrandBacon. Go to http://www.votewrightbrandbacon.com to vote! @WrightBacon
I precooked my Wright Brand Bacon, then I cut my biscuits in quarters, and in a bowl whisked together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.
Start dipping the pieces of dough in the egg/milk mix and them place them in a parchment-lined crockpot. After you have one layer of about 8-12 pieces, top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and a couple pieces of chopped bacon. Continue to dip the dough and layer it in with the cheese and bacon until it is gone. If you have some of the milk-egg mix left you can pour some of it over the dough when you are done. This helps keep everything moist and happy. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on your crockpot.
Top with some diced green onions and you are left with a treat that no one will be able to resist!
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (16.3-oz.) canned flaky biscuits
- 1 Tbsp Garlic salt
- ½ package of Wright Brand Bacon, cooked, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions (4 medium)
- Line your 4 quart crockpot with parchment paper.
- Pre-cook and dice your bacon.
- Cut the biscuits in quarters, and in a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Start dipping the pieces of dough in the egg/milk mix and them place them in a parchment lined crockpot .
- After you have one layer about 8- 12 pieces. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and a couple pieces of bacon chopped. Continue to dip the dough and layer it in with the cheese and bacon until it is gone. If you have some of the milk egg mix left you can pour some of it over the dough when you are done. This helps keep everything moist and happy.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours depending on your crockpot.