Sometimes I get in the kitchen and decide I am going to bake something only to get distracted while it is in the oven. It never ends well. Usually, something ends up burnt or over baked. On those busy days when my brain is in too many places, I like to bake with my crockpot. This yummy Crockpot Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal is a great place to start if you are unsure about baking in your crockpot.
I mixed up the batter for this delicious Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal which I originally posted on my other site AFewShortcuts.com. If you want the oven directions for this…that is where to find them. This oatmeal recipe is so easy to make!
I then put the batter in a parchment paper lined crockpot. I used my 4-quart crockpot for this recipe. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. You want the center to be firm and the sides to start to pull away from the edge a little bit.
Turn off your crockpot and carefully remove the Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal with the parchment paper. One of the many reasons I love using parchment paper in the crockpot. Easy removal and easy cleanup.
Crockpot Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal makes a perfect breakfast, or even a great grab and go snack when cut into bars. It never lasts long at my house. If you want you can add mix ins; chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, whatever you would like to add a little extra flavor.
Crockpot Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- 1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats (or gluten free oats)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Peanut Butter or almond butter, etc.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 4 quart or larger crockpot with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well.
- Spread evenly into the lined crockpot cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours or until the center is firm and the edges start to gently pull away from the sides of the crock.
- Turn off your crockpot and carefully remove the oatmeal by using the parchment paper to lift it up.
- Serve warm out of the crockpot or allow it to completely cool and cut into bars for a grab and go snack.
Use gluten free oats
Use Dairy free milk alternative and dairy free margarine or coconut oil in place of the butter.