Simple to throw together, but oh so good. Everyone will want this Crockpot Beef and Broccoli Recipe! Better than take-out from your own slow cooker!
I have a few crockpot recipes that always seem to end up in regular rotation. I love posting them here to share with you because they tried and true recipes. It also makes it easier for me to share them with friends and family. Imagine my surprise when I went to go share my super easy Crockpot Beef and Broccoli Recipe and realized I had never posted it on the blog.
I guess that was my face palm moment of the week. So, tonight’s dinner was Crockpot Beef and Broccoli so I could share it with you. This recipe does not take long at all to make and it always turns out amazing!
Place your cut up flank steak, onions, and garlic in the crockpot. Mix up the soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, oil and pepper flakes. Pour it over the steak. Place the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
When it is done, stir in corn starch to thicken the sauce. Place rice on a plate. Top with broccoli and then scoop the beef and sauce over top. Garnish with additional red pepper flakes if desired.
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 - 1.5 lbs flank steak, cut into strips
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, to thicken
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli, steamed
- white rice, prepared
- red pepper flakes
- Add steak, onions, garlic and fresh ginger into a 4 quart crockpot.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes until brown sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture over the beef into the crockpot and stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours until steak is tender.
- Stir in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Place rice on plate. Top with steamed broccoli. Then, scoop beef and sauce over the top. Garnish with red pepper flakes. Serve.
- Use a gluten free soy sauce and gluten free broth.