At least once every couple of weeks you will find these in the crockpot at my house! They are my go to Crockpot Cuban Black Beans. Not only are these full of flavor, but they are filling. Serve alone with rice, as a side with chicken, in a wrap. The possibilities really are endless.
I have gotten to where I make a double batch and freeze the extras in small freezer bags. That way when I am busy I can pull one out and heat it for lunch. SO SO GOOD!
Crockpot Cuban Black Beans
You won't find better Black Beans at a Cuban restaurant in Tampa. These are really good!
- 1 16oz package dry black beans
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tomato
- Extra diced onion for on top of beans (optional)
- Place dry black beans in a large pot of water on the stove. Allow to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in crock-pot. Add about 4 cups of water, just enough to cover.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent. Add to beans in pot.
- Take a whole tomato and cut it into quarters and place it in the crock pot with the beans.
- Add your seasonings; Oregano, Salt, and a dash of pepper. Place lid on beans and leave in a crock-pot on low for 8-10 hours. Just as delicious!