I love mashed potatoes but I HATE messing with them. Real, fresh, homemade mashed potatoes take up room on the stove, you have to dirty bowls, pots, and more. All until now. These Crockpot Mashed Potatoes take the work out of mashed potatoes and they are so creamy and delicious.
All you have to do is peel and dice your potatoes and toss them in your crockpot with 1 cup of chicken broth. Really if your family doesn’t mind, you can leave the peels on as long as you wash the potatoes. I have done this before and they are just as yummy. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Perfect if you will be busy all day. When you are ready to serve just toss in butter, salt, sour cream, cream cheese. How ever you normally like your potatoes and whip them right in the crockpot with your hand mixer. It’s just that simple!
These are even great to do a mashed potato bar and serve them right out of the crockpot and offer toppings for your guests, Think the holidays! My kids love dressing up their mashed potatoes with whatever they choose.What are your favorite mashed potato toppings?
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into Small Chunks
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter; Cut Into Pats
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- green onions - diced, For Garnish
- additional cream, milk, or broth to taste (optional)
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, butter, and salt in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3–4 hours, until the potatoes are tender and fluffy-looking.
- Use your hand mixer to mash the potatoes or mash with a potato masher or fork
- Finally mix in any thing you choose to taste; sour cream, additional broth, cream, cheese, butter. The choice is yours.
- Use a dairy free margarine and chicken broth as the liquid. Eliminate all sour cream or use dairy-free sour cream option.
Courses Side Dish
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes Video
Watch and share on Facebook!