This post brought to you by Sargento® Cheese. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Moms With Crock Pots.
This recipe makes me excited. I don’t know about you but I am always looking for something simple I can take to a pot luck, serve on game day, or pull out during the holidays! These Crockpot Party Sandwiches cover all of those bases and more!
These are a hot ham and cheese sandwich that has been kicked up about 10 notches. The flavor of these can’t be beat!
The key is the 100% real, natural cheese; Sargento® Sliced Cheese. We take cheese seriously in our house. Nobody wants to eat less than natural ingredients. We try our best to only eat the best! Sargento® Natural Cheese is 100% real cheese cut directly from blocks of natural cheese. It is tested by professional cheese graders and is available in 23 delicious varieties.
I mean just look at the difference! On the right is Sargento® Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese and on the left is some Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (AKA: American Singles). I was scared to unwrap it because it would stick to the plate. (yuck!) Processed Cheese Food starts with a minimum of 51% real cheese. Only 51%!! It’s then mixed with all kinds of ingredients; up to 15! I don’t know about you but I would much rather just have Sargento® Natural Cheese and know I am getting 100% cheese in my sandwiches!
You don’t have to be a foodie to appreciate quality ingredients. Sargento® Natural Cheese is so readily accessible at your local grocery store there is no reason to settle for anything else.
Assembly for these Crockpot Party Sandwiches is simple! Just slice a package of Sweet Hawaiian Rolls in half to make sandwich buns. Place the bottom half in a parchment lined crockpot. Then layer in the ham slices and Sargento® Provolone Cheese. Top with the remaining half of the buns.
Now the secret behind these amazing sandwiches. We are going to pour some melted butter and seasonings right over the top of the bread. Trust me on this one.
You can do this step ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to cook (up to 24 hours in advance), or go ahead and cover and cook on high for an hour to an hour and a half. You are looking for the cheese to melt and the sandwiches to be hot.
If you want a crispier top you can even place it under the broiler for a minute or 2 just to toast it up a bit.
Run a knife down the buns to separate the sandwiches and serve. It doesn’t get much easier! In fact, you might want to make 2 batches because these will disappear so fast! I leave the sandwiches right in the crockpot on warm so that they stay hot and the cheese stays melty.
- 1 package (12 ct) Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls
- 1 lb. Ham (sliced thin)
- Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese Slices
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP mustard
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Line your crockpot with parchment paper.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise to turn them into buns. Place the bottom halves in the crockpot.
- Layer the bottom half with ham slices and Sargento Natural Provolone Cheese Slices and place the top half back on.
- In a bowl, Mix together the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder. Pour sauce over sandwiches, drenching each one.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1.5 hours or until cheese is melted and rolls are hot.
- You can toast them under the broiler for a minute to get a crispier top.
- Run a knife between the buns to separate and serve right out of the crockpot set on warm to keep the sandwiches hot.
- You can prep these up to 24 hours in advance. Just cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to cook.