My kids love meals that they can eat with their hands and they always have. My son used to call chicken drumsticks “chicken with a handle in it”. Chicken drumsticks are a great affordable option for dinner but there are only so many “creative” things you can do with a drumstick right? Next time you have a package of drumsticks try this yummy Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks Recipe! The entire family will go nuts for it!
I typically make some crockpot white rice in my smaller crockpot while these are cooking and steam some vegetables. I have even made this recipe with the smaller chicken drummies and they make a delicious appetizer for game day!
Crockpot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 pounds of drumsticks and/or wings
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ Cup low sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari sauce
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to create sauce
- Add drumsticks/wings to a 5 qt or larger crockpot.
- Pour the honey mix onto the drumsticks/wings and mix well.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours. After 2 hours give the drumsticks a toss to coat in the sauce again. Cover and continue cooking.
- Once fully cooked, remove drumstick/wings from the crockpot and place on a baking pan that is lined with foil and has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the drumsticks/wings from the oven and turn them to the other side.
- Broil the other side for 2 minutes or until browned. Watch very carefully they may not need as long depending on your oven. This step is optional but gives the chicken a better texture on the outside.
- Serve. This is great with some steamed rice!
- Use a gluten free soy sauce