Crock Pot Granola
Author: Amanda Carlisle
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (You can use Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 to 2 cups dried fruit, chocolate chips, or other mix-in of your choice
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil (or butter). Once it has turned into a liquid, mix in the honey to form your sauce.
- Mix Oats, Flaxseed, nuts and cinnamon in your crockpot. Add the honey mixture as well as the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow the granola to cook on low for 2-4 hours. You may want to stir every hour to avoid burning. You are also going to leave the lid cracked a little to allow the moisture to escape.
- Cooking times will greatly vary depending on your crock pot as they all cook at slightly different temps.
- Allow to cool, then mix in the dried fruit and/or chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for several weeks.
Recipe by Moms with Crockpots at http://momswithcrockpots.com/2013/07/crock-pot-granola-recipe/