It’s raining here today, and kinda chilly. Soup weather in my book. Check out this comforting French Onion Soup Recipe!!
French Onion Soup Slow Cooked
Recipe type: Soup, dinner, appetizer
- 1 Large Sweet Onion thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup butter cubed
- 2 cans (14 oz) Cans beef broth
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 slices French Bread (1/2 inch thick) toasted
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Place Onion and butter in a 1½ qt slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth and pepper.
- Cover and cook 2 hours longer or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of toast and cheese. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 min or until cheese is melted. Serve