Who doesn’t love Homecooked Macaroni and Cheese? Thanks to Karen McCormick for this great recipe!
Slow Cooked Macaroni & Cheese
Author: Karen McCormick
Recipe type: Side Dish,
- 8 ounces medium shell macaroni
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or a Cheddar blend
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook the macaroni following package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 3½- to 4-quart slow cooker (I use about 2 tablespoons of butter).
- Combine the macaroni with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and blend well. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2½ to 3½ hours, stirring a few times.
- If desired, spoon the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or 2, just until cheese is melted.
- When the macaroni and cheese is done, feel free to spoon into a baking dish, top with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or two for that "fresh from the oven" look.
You can use gluten free pasta if necessary