This is my food of choice whenever we get chinese take out! This crockpot recipe makes it easy any night of the week!
Slow Cooked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Author: [email protected]
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A few tsp of cornstarch & some water to thicken
- 1 bag of Frozen Stir fry veggies (optional)
- 1 Cup pineapple tidbits (optional)
- Mix brown sugar, water, vinegar, ketchup & soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Mix cornstarch with some water to form a paste and mix into the above mixture.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Minutes before serving stir in frozen stir fry veggies and pineapple tidbits.
- This is great served over plain boiled rice.
Use Gluten Free soy sauce for a gluten free version