This is my food of choice whenever we get chinese take out! This crockpot recipe makes it easy any night of the week!
Slow Cooked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A few tsp of cornstarch & some water to thicken
- 1 bag of Frozen Stir fry veggies (optional)
- 1 Cup pineapple tidbits (optional)
- Mix brown sugar, water, vinegar, ketchup & soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Mix cornstarch with some water to form a paste and mix into the above mixture.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Minutes before serving stir in frozen stir fry veggies and pineapple tidbits.
- This is great served over plain boiled rice.
Use Gluten Free soy sauce for a gluten free version