The ultimate comfort food! This is one of my favorite dinners and I love it even more because I can make it in the crockpot! These Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers come out so full of flavor and taste even better than you could imagine!
With just a little bit of prep-work, you can toss this recipe in your crockpot and let the flavors blend together while you are out for the day. I have even browned the meat and assembled these ahead of time, popped the stuffed peppers in freezer bags and they are good to go for a busy day. This is perfect to do when bell peppers are in season or if you find them on sale.
If you are on the 21 Day fix. 1 Stuffed Pepper = 1 Green – 1 Red – 1/2 yellow – 1/2 blue
Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic (1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each bell pepper. Remove the seeds and membranes from
- the inside until it is just the shell.
- In a large skillet cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is cooked
- through. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add 8 oz of tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and rice to the beef mixture.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture and stand them in your crockpot
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Top with cheese before serving if desired.
- Makes 6 servings
- Omit cheese