Bake without heating up the kitchen! Try this simple Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe and see how easy baking in your slow cooker is!
I love freshly baked banana bread, but as the weather gets hotter I hate turning the oven on. Did you know you can bake and never open your oven? The key is your slow cooker! Don’t believe me? Try this simple Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe!
This recipe is easily customizable which is perfect! You can mix in nuts, blueberries, or strawberries, etc. The trick for this recipe is finding a baking pan that will fit down inside your crockpot. Of course, you are going to want to use a larger crockpot for this. I used a 6 Quart Crockpot.
Don’t have a large crockpot? It’s OK. You can just line a smaller crockpot (4 qt or smaller) with parchment paper and bake it right in the crock itself.
- 1/3 cup butter ( or margarine)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 3 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free ap flour mix)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (strawberries, or blueberries)
- Grease and flour the inside of a 3 qt crockpot or a small loaf pan and place it in a larger crockpot.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour,baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Slowly beat flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Add nut or fruit and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into slow cooker or pan
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours.
- Let cool then turn bread out on to serving platter.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.