Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2-3 medium breast (depending on size)
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced carrot
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 - 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 - 1 lb. packages mini potato gnocchi about 4 cups
- 6 slices bacon cooked & diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
Place the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt, and broth in a 5 quart or larger crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot.
Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, and gnocchi. Stir and replace lid.
Sauté the garlic and spinach and stir until wilted in 1 tbsp of olive oil Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
Add any additional liquid as needed and season to taste