Hot Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
Here is a classic Pub recipe. It makes a lot, but who doesn't love leftovers?
- 1 4 to 5-lb. beef rump roast
- 1 1-oz. pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 10 1/2-oz. cans condensed beef broth
- 1 12-oz. can beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 16 buns split
- Cheese optional
Place beef roast in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Pour over roast.
Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with knife or shred with 2 forks; place in buns. Add cheese if desired. Optional: you can skim fat from juices in slow cooker. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juices for dipping.