Crockpot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
A perfect vegan chili option! This delicious Crockpot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili is hearty and full of flavor!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 hrs
Total Time5 hrs 5 mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or 1 large, peeled & diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped avocado green onion, fresh cilantro
Place all of the ingredients in a 5-6 qt crockpot and stir.
Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve warm with your desired toppings. This is great with Vegan Sour Cream and avocado.