This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Moms With Crock Pots.
For almost the last month I have been really focusing on my health. I have been eating better and shopping at the farmers market for local fruits & veggies. When I eliminated grains almost a month ago I thought I would never make it. Seriously….this was one of the most difficult food challenges of my life. Thank goodness I live in Florida and there is plenty of Fresh local produce or I don’t think I would have made it this far.
I haven’t had any baked goods…at all, but wanted to reward myself for a month well done. I had been doing so well, I didn’t want to break my new diet. So I decided to work with it. I made this recipe of Grain Free Blueberry Coconut Scones with some fresh Florida Blueberries . My favorite part (beside the blueberries of course). They are in the crock pot!
I gathered my ingredients. I got the prettiest Fresh From Florida Blueberries! I love that it is blueberry season right now! I love to eat them alone because they are so plump and flavorful. I sacrificed my last handful for these scones. You can follow Fresh From Florida on Facebook & Fresh From Florida on Twitter for more great Fresh From Florida recipes.
I mixed up the dough. The almond flour and the coconut sugar give them a darker color, but I don’t mind. These bad boys are going to be delicious. I lined my crock pot with parchment paper and pushed the batter in evenly. I covered and baked for about 2 – 2.5 hours on high. You could also cook these on low for about 5 hours but I would keep an eye on them because every crock pot is different.
Once you have checked your scones and they are firm in the middle and done. Turn off the crock pot and remove the lid. Let them cool completely or for atlas 30 minutes before trying to remove them. Because these aren’t made with traditional flour they can fall apart easier than normal baked goods.
Once you remove them, slice them like you would a normal scone and enjoy! Store uneaten scones in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar
- 1½ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz Fresh Blueberries
- ¼ unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Line a 4 qt crock pot with parchment paper.
- In a bowl beat egg, sugar, and coconut oil until combined. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the blueberries. Mix thoroughly. Add the blueberries and gently fold them in.
- Press the batter into the parchment lined crock pot and cook on high for 2 - 2.5 hours or low for about 5 hours or until the scones are baked through. You will know when the center is firm.
- Turn off the crock pot and remove the lid to allow the scones to cool completely before removing. Let them cool at least 30 minutes.
- Then slice and serve.
- Store uneaten scones in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
You can find more great recipes like this on Fresh From Florida!