This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s the little things in life that make it fun! Today we hit the pool and enjoyed our time outside before it started to rain. Little did the kids know that before we left I popped this Crockpot S’mores Cake into the old crockpot. The smells when we walked in the door were heavenly.
I am in love with crockpot baking all year long, but in the Summer it is my best bud! It is so nice to have a cake or a treat without cranking that oven on. I line my crockpot with parchment paper for cakes. It keeps clean up simple and it makes lifting the cake out a breeze!
This Crockpot S’mores cake ends up with “delicious pockets of gooeyness!” according to my 8 year old. That is because I mixed mini marshmallows in the chocolate cake and put some on the top. The marshmallows on top will disappear when baking and so will the ones inside, but it leaves those little gooey spots that make this cake amazing!
When your cake is done carefully grab the parchment paper and lift the cake out of the crockpot. While it is hot add some more mini marshmallows to the top. These will melt just enough to have that gooey roasted marshmallow softness.
Crockpot S’mores Cake
Crockpot S'mores Cake
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix mixed according to package
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallow divided
- 1 - 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Line a 5-6 quart crockpot with parchment paper. Spread enough graham cracker crumbs to cover the bottom of the parchment paper evenly.
- In a large bowl mix the chocolate cake mix according to the package. Once mixed stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup mini marshmallows.
- Spoon the batter on top of the graham crackers. Top with 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Cover and bake on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or low for 3 - 4 hours. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully lift the cake out of the crockpot by the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack. While the cake is still hot top with the remaining marshmallows. Slice an serve!Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free cake mix and graham crackersdairy free
- Use dairy free cake mix and chocolate chips.