Sometimes I just have an “a ha” moment. Usually after I have had a cup of coffee and typically while the kids are busy. LOL. I knew I wanted to make a cobbler for dessert. I have made them in the crockpot before like this Crockpot Peach Cobbler, but oh my….BLACKBERRIES. They are one of my favorites. So, this Crockpot Blackberry Cobbler had to happen ASAP.
Lucky for me I was prepared and had everything I needed on hand. I made this cobbler gluten free & dairy free, but you can totally make it with regular flour and milk. It turns out great both ways.
I used my 4 qt crockpot and sprayed it really good with non-stick spray. In a bowl I mixed together 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, then I mixed in 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (you could use butter.) Then I dumped that batter right into my crockpot.
I washed my blackberries and dropped them in. I tried to scatter them all over. Then sprinkle with another 1/4 cup of sugar. Put the lid on and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
It bakes up so nice in the crockpot.
- 2 cups Blackberries (washed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup melted butter
- In a bowl mix together flour, milk, 1 cup sugar, & butter until batter forms. Pour into a greased 4 qt crockpot. Sprinkle in the washed blackberries. Top with the final ¼ cup of sugar.
- Cover and cook on high 2 - 2½ hours.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Use a gluten free flour mix.
- Use a milk substitute like almond milk, and coconut oil or vegetable oil in place of the butter.