A good healthy breakfast is an important way to start your day. I have said it before, and I will say it again. I just don’t have time to make a hot breakfast everyday. I do have time to let the crockpot do the work, like this Crockpot Strawberry Banana Oatmeal.
I was up before the kids so I grabbed the ingredients and tossed this in the crockpot.
I mixed the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, 1/2 cup nuts, and 1/2 cup strawberries in a large bowl.
I dumped the dry ingredients into my greased crockpot. This time I used my smaller 4 qt and it worked great. I then sliced 1/2 a banana and placed it in. I then whisked together the 2 cups of milk with 1 egg and vanilla. If egg is an issue in your family you could leave it out. It just helps bind everything together better. Just pour that milk over top of everything.
Finally top with the rest of the strawberries, and 1/2 sliced banana. Then sprinkle with just a tad bit more brown sugar. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. I personally cooked it on high, because I knew it would be ready when the kids got up.
The smell in the kitchen was amazing! Now, this should feed 5-6. My kids pretty much demolished the entire crockpot full. They really loved it!
Crockpot Strawberry Banana OatmealPrint Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana peeled, 1/2-inch slices
- Grease a 4 qt crockpot.
- In a large bowl mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, pecans, & 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Pour them into the crockpot and top with 1/2 of the sliced banana.
- In a large measuring cup whisk together 2 cups milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Pour over the oats in the crockpot.
- Top with the other 1/2 cup strawberries and half of banana.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.Dairy Free
- Use dairy free milk substitute and coconut oil or other oil instead of butter.Gluten Free
- Use gluten free oats.