With Summer Squash hitting the produce department, check out this great squash casserole recipe!
- 2 lbs. yellow squash or zucchini, cut into bite size pieces (around 6 cups)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup flour or gluten free all purpose flour mix
- 8-10 oz. bread crumbs or crushed rice chex
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Combine onion, squash, shredded carrots, and soup in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and flour together. Then spoon into veggie bowl and mix all together.
- Melt stick of butter, and toss bread crumbs with butter. Add dry seasoning to bread crumb/butter mixture and toss, so that crumbs get seasoning on them.
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put half of the bread crumbs on the bottom of the crock pot, then put squash mixture on top of the crumbs. Put remaining bread crumbs on top on squash mixture.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until squash is cooked.