Simple Crockpot Peach Cobbler Recipe – With Canned Peaches
An easy to make slow cooker dessert recipe that is perfect for Summer! Grab some vanilla ice cream and make this Crockpot Peach Cobbler!
During the Summer my crockpot lives on my kitchen counter. I know I can’t be the only one that hates turning on the oven when it is so hot outside. Not only is it perfect for dinner, but dessert in the crockpot is the best thing ever! This Crockpot Peach Cobbler is up there on the list of my all-time favorite Crockpot desserts!
I try to keep everything I need to make this in my pantry. Really you just need 2 LARGE cans of sliced peaches. I prefer the ones in their own juice, but everyone is different. You also need a yellow cake mix. I chose a gluten free cake mix because of food allergies in my house, but you can use a regular cake mix too.
You are also going to need a crockpot of course. I used my new 7 Qt crockpot because it is new, and I love it! A larger crockpot works great for this recipe because it gives the cobbler plenty of room to spread out. I have made it in a smaller crockpot without problems before too.
Just drain the peaches and dump them in your crockpot. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and brown sugar. Top with the cake mix and drizzle with some melted butter or vegetable oil. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. You can also cook on high for 2 hours, but I recommend the low setting to keep the edges from burning.
Crockpot Peach Cobbler
- 2 cans Peaches drained (29 oz)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream optional for serving
- In a 4 quart or larger crockpot dumped drained peaches and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter or oil and cake mix until crumbs form. Sprinkle the cake mix crumbs on top of the peaches. Add a dash of cinnamon if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Use a gluten free cake mix
- Use vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of butter. Also serve with a dairy free vanilla ice cream.