This yummy Crockpot Blueberry Oatmeal recipe gets started at night so you can wake up to a delicious slow cooker breakfast!
I will be the first one to admit that I am a night owl and not an early bird. Mornings are rough for me and include COFFEE before anything else happens. That includes breakfast. I love recipes like this yummy Crockpot Blueberry Oatmeal that I can put together before I go to bed and wake up to the smells and tastes of something spectacular.
Before you go to sleep place steel cut oats, brown sugar, blueberries, and cinnamon in a four qt crockpot.
Pour in the milk and water, stir, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
A couple of tips.
- I lined my crockpot with parchment paper even though there is liquid. This will make clean up a breeze! I love using this instead of those plastic crockpot liners. Just my personal preference.
- Dairy Free? Use coconut milk instead of regular. OMG so so good!
- Gluten Free? You can buy gluten free steel cut oats.
We interrupt this recipe for a quick message from my kids. They would like to introduce you to “Brontosoupus.” The kids got me these fun Dinosaur ladles for Mothers Day. They came in a set of 3, and they all have names. Just a fun way to serve things out of the crockpot! I was asked to make sure he made it in the post.
In the morning serve up your oatmeal and top it with a little brown sugar, a few extra blueberries, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut for a warm bowl of amazingness!
Crockpot Blueberry Oatmeal
- 2 cups Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- Line a 4 quart or larger crockpot with parchment paper or a crockpot liner.
- Add in the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries. Stir.
- Pour in the milk and water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Serve with additional blueberries, brown sugar, and tastes amazing with a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
- Use a dairy free milk substitute like coconut milk.
You will love
If you liked this Crockpot Blueberry Oatmeal, you would love this Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.