Of all the things, my kids LOVE it when I make Stuffed Peppers for dinner. This simple meal is one of their favorites. I have found a way to make it even easier to throw together and the flavor is out of this world! Hello, Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Casserole. You could be my new best friend.
I tossed the ingredients into the crockpot; beef, rice, peppers, onions, canned tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. I covered and cooked it on low for 4 hours. I did use frozen ground beef for this and it turned out great! You can brown the beef first and cut about 30 mins – 1 hour off the cooking time and your beef will have a deeper brown appearance. Since the beef I used was 90/10, I wasn’t concerned about the fat content. So I just tossed it in there the way it was. When you make this dish it is totally up to you if you brown or not first. This Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Casserole will taste amazing either way.
When it was done I scooped it into a bowl and topped it with some shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped fresh parsley! Talk about a meal that is full of flavor! Serve it with some garlic bread and enjoy!
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper CasserolePrint Recipe
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 1 large bell pepper; chopped
- 1 cup rice; uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes; undrained
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley; choppedsour cream optional
- In a large 6 qt crockpot add the beef, onion, peppers, rice, tomatoes, chicken broth and seasonings. Stir and cover cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese and fresh parsley before serving.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
- Omit cheese and sour cream
- Naturally gluten free make sure the chicken broth you use is gluten free