I love making and eating Caramel apples for a fun fall treat, but I hate heating the caramel on the stove. It either gets burnt, or too hot, or I don’t get it just right for dipping. This crockpot method is a fool proof way for caramel apples. Decorate them with some sprinkle or some chocolate chips to make them extra special!
Crockpot Caramel ApplesPrint Recipe
- 1 -2 bags caramel candies -unwrapped This time of year in the produce section, there should be bags of soft caramel 2 complete with popsicle stick handles.
- tablespoons water
- apples one bag of caramel makes 4 large apples
- Use a 2 qt or larger crock pot
- Add the caramels and 2 tablespoons of water to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours, checking every 20 minutes or so. The caramel is ready when it is shiny and can be stirred easily.
- Put the popsicle sticks into the apples by the stems. Use a spoon to ladle the caramel over the apple, and swirl to completely cover the whole thing. Dip into chopped nuts or sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool on parchment paper or Release foil.