Spaghetti is a very economical meal, but I am always looking for ways to make it unique and change it up a bit. These Slow cooker Pizza Pork Chops are kid friendly and delicious! Try them this week instead of boring ole' spaghetti.
Slow Cooker Pizza Pork Chops
- 6 Pork loin chops 1 inch thick (about 2 ¼ lb)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped (½ cup)
- Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 4 cups cooked orzo or other pasta cooked
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 4 oz
- Place oil in Large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle Pork chops with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place pork in 3 ½- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle onion and garlic over pork. Add pasta sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours.
- Place orzo or pasta on platter. Top with pork and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese
- *Suggestion* Put things you like on your pizza in the crock pot with the pork. I bet things like mushrooms, bell pepper, or red pepper would be delicious.
- I served these with regular pasta, because I haven’t been to the store yet this week to get the orzo. You could serve these with any type of pasta and they would be so yummy!