Spaghetti is a very economical meal, but I am always looking for ways to make it unique and change it up a bit. These Slow cooker Pizza Pork Chops are kid friendly and delicious! Try them this week instead of boring ole' spaghetti.
- 6 Pork loin chops (1 inch thick (about 2 1/4 lb))
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped (1/2 cup))
- Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 4 cups cooked orzo or other pasta (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Place oil in Large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle Pork chops with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Place pork in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle onion and garlic over pork. Add pasta sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours.
- Place orzo or pasta on platter. Top with pork and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese
- *Suggestion* Put things you like on your pizza in the crock pot with the pork. I bet things like mushrooms, bell pepper, or red pepper would be delicious.
- I served these with regular pasta, because I haven’t been to the store yet this week to get the orzo. You could serve these with any type of pasta and they would be so yummy!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.