Possibly one of the best Crockpot Chicken Recipes! This Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken is easy to make and low-carb & keto-friendly.
My motto, most days, is to work smarter, not harder. I try to balance too many things, and I love taking shortcuts when I can. This Crockpot Jalapeño Popper Chicken is one of our favorite dinners that I used to bake in the oven. But hey, why when it can go in the crockpot?
This Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken is family-friendly too! Just cut back on the jalapeños if you want, but we don't find it to be too spicy! This recipe is super easy to throw together and put in your crockpot. Don't believe me?
What Kind of Crockpot
Thie recipe can easily be cooked in just about any crockpot. If you have a smaller crockpot or need less just half it! This recipe is super simple to adjust. I have made it in my casserole crockpot, and also my 6 quart crockpot and it has turned out great both times.
Keto or Low Carb?
So many people are eating low carb and keto these days. If you are looking for low carb recipes, you are in luck! Just skip the bread crumbs, or go light on them. This recipe is perfect with some steamed veggies or a salad!
We have all been there. Forgot to turn on the slow cooker? Too late in the afternoon? You can put this in a baking dish and cook it at 425 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and enjoy.
Believe it or not, with all of the cheese in this recipe, I have made it dairy-free. There are so many dairy alternatives on the market now you can buy dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free cheddar to make this just as delicious!
Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked & diced
- 2 jalapenos deseeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs seasoned (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a large crockpot.
- Mix all other ingredients except for bread crumbs together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the cheese topping onto the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, low for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees F. I have found that the chicken has a better consistency when cooked on high.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use a gluten free bread crumb or omit all together.
- We have made this with good results substituting dairy free cream cheese and cheese alternatives.
- Keep the carbs down by omitting or cutting back on the bread crumbs.
Originally posted Sept 2018 updated October 2019
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe