Possibly one of the best Crockpot Chicken Recipes! This Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken is easy to make and low-carb & keto friendly.
My motto most days is to work smarter not harder. I try to balance too many things and I love taking shortcuts when I can. This Crockpot Jalapeño Popper Chicken is one of our favorite dinners that I used to bake in the oven. But hey,why when it can go in the crockpot?
This Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken is family friendly too! Just cut back on the jalapeños if you want, but we don’t find it to be too spicy! This is super easy to throw together and put in your crockpot. Don’t believe me?
Check out this video.
Keto or Low Carb?
So many people are eating low carb and keto these days. If you are looking for low carb recipes you are in luck! Just skip the bread crumbs, or go light on them. This recipe is perfect with some steamed veggies or a salad!
Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked & diced)
- 2 jalapenos (deseeded & chopped)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (seasoned)
- Place chicken breasts in a large crockpot.
- Mix all other ingredients except for bread crumbs together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the cheese topping onto the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, low for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees F. I have found that the chicken has a better consistency when cooked on high.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use a gluten free bread crumb or omit all together.
- We have made this with good results substituting dairy free cream cheese and cheese alternatives.
- Keep the carbs down by omitting or cutting back on the bread crumbs.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.