This Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Roast Recipe is so simple, yet looks so elegant on the table. Plus it is kid friendly. The entire family will love it!
This recipe is amazingly easy and a hit with everyone in my house! I got some great fall deals on groceries this week, and decided to get creative! I came up with this Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Roast Recipe
I sliced up a couple of great firm apples. My favs are Fujis.
I then took a 3 -4 lb Pork Loin Roast and sliced it into 1-inch pieces about 3/4 of the way through. That way it is still attached as one roast.
Place the roast in your crockpot and place the apple slices in the slits in the roast. If you have extra apples just scatter them through the crockpot. Then top the roast with slices of bacon. I pre-cooked mine about 1/2 -3/4 of the way done so it would be crisp when finished. You can add the bacon completely uncooked; it will not be as crisp when done.
Sprinkle the whole thing with about 1/3 cup brown sugar.
I placed the lid on the top and let it cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Time will vary depending on your crockpot. Keep in mind not to lift the lid to peek! Each time you do, it adds to the cook time.
- 3-4 Pork Loin Roast
- 2 large apples sliced (I prefer fuji)
- 6 slices bacon (1/2 cooked)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or grainy mustard
- dash cinnamon
- Slice your pork loin into one inch slices about 3/4 of the way through. That way the roast is still connected in one piece.
- Place roast in a large crock pot and place the apple slices in the slits.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top of the roast, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place lid on the crock pot and allow the roast to cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Final cook time will depend on your crockpot.
- Slice and serve with the glaze below.
- Blend glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
When it is finished you end up with amazingly succulent and tasty Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Roast that the entire family will love! I made some of this amazing apple glaze to go with it when served. It will knock your socks off!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.