This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a great pulled pork recipe for the crockpot. It has a dry rub and a vinegar based sauce that makes the meat super tender. Add your favorite BBQ Sauce for some off the wall sandwiches!
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 1 large sweet onion sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 4-6 lb boneless pork butt or shoulderVinegar Sauce
- ¾ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place onions in crock-pot. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Rub mixture all over roast and place the roast on top of the onions.
In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine. Drizzle about 1/3 of vinegar mixture over roast. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
Cover crockpot; cook on low for 10-12 hours. Drizzle about 1/3 of reserved vinegar mixture over roast during last ½ hour of cooking.
Remove meat and onions; drain. Chop or shred meat and onions. Serve with remaining vinegar mixture or your favorite barbeque sauce.