A perfect filling vegan chili option! This delicious Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili is hearty and full of flavor!
Chili is a go-to meal when the weather turns a little chilly outside! I have been trying to come up with a few more healthy and vegan-friendly crockpot meals because so many of you want these healthy crockpot meals! A crockpot is a perfect tool when you are trying to cook more nutritiously in your kitchen, and this Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili Recipe is a winner!
There are no difficult steps or confusing things to follow to make this chili. You just dump all of the ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and let it do the work. You know your chili is complete when the sweet potatoes are soft. You don’t want them overly mushy, or you lose the beautiful texture of them in the soup. For that reason, I recommend cooking this on high for 4-5 hours. However, it comes out just as delicious if you need to prepare it on low for a more extended period!
One more suggestion. Meal plan a little and make this chili after you have made these Crockpot Cuban Black Beans earlier in the week. Use your Crockpot Black Beans in place of the canned ones in this chili. OMG! It’s heavenly! It will add a ton of extra flavor! You are going to love it!
Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
Crockpot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (or 1 large, peeled & diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped avocado (green onion, fresh cilantro)
- Place all of the ingredients in a 5-6 qt crockpot and stir.
- Cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve warm with your desired toppings. This is great with Vegan Sour Cream and avocado.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.