Crockpot Turtle Pudding
img source: A Year of SlowCooking
Now, this just sounds delicious! In my crockpot for this evening as we speak!
Crockpot Turtle PuddingPrint Recipe
- 1 package Brownie Mix Regular not Large You could use Gluten free mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 20 individual caramels unwrapped
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Use a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker with an inserted oven safe dish (2 qt casserole works great).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, oil, and water. When batter has formed, stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour batter into your casserole dish.
- Unwrap all of the caramel candies and press them into your brownie batter. You could even use those new caramel bits.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water into the bottom of your slow cooker, then lower in the brownie dish. Be careful not to slosh water into your turtle pudding!
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or until the edges have pulled away from the sides and the center has set.
- Unplug your cooker, and let the dish set in it for 1 hour with the lid off before removing. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You can substitute Gluten Free Brownie Mix for the regular brownie mix.