Finding a great Keto/ Low Carb slow cooker recipe can be difficult. Try this amazing Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken Recipe for dinner tonight.
The slow cooker saves me on those days when life is too crazy to think about dinner. Having a plan and throwing something in the crockpot in 5 minutes or less is amazing! The fact that I can walk into the kitchen hours later to this delicious Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken cooked and ready to go is even better! This dish is flavorful and perfect to be served in so many ways!
What Size Crockpot
Let me start by saying the recipe calls for 3 lbs of chicken. That is a good bit, but it is because the left overs are awesome! Plus, you can use the chicken in so many ways. I would recommend a larger 5+ quart crockpot for this. Now, if you hate leftovers (who are you?) or you are feeding only 2 or 3 you may consider halving this recipe. In that case, a 4 quart crockpot would work.
Low Carb / Keto
This recipe is amazing because it is low carb and keto friendly! I get that is important to so many right now. When you are just starting it can be hard to know what is safe and what isn't. This recipe with only chicken, veggies, and cheese is perfect served over a salad or with some Cauliflower Rice. YUM!
What to Serve with Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken
This recipe is awesome on it's own with a side salad, especially if you are keto or low carb. If you aren't then I would spice this up even more with some rice and beans or use this flavorful chicken to fill a taco. The Chicken, peppers, onions, and cheese are even incredible as a sandwich filler. The skies the limit on this one! You really can't go wrong with chicken this good!
Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms (sliced (optional))
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 10 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker and season with taco seasoning.
- Top with sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms (if desired)
- Cut butter into cubes and sprinkle them over the top
- Dook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
- You can shred your chicken or leave it whole. Top with cheese on cook on high for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.