Looking for something new for your slow cooker? This Crock pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe is amazing, and low carb/keto friendly!
When it comes to crockpot cooking it can be a struggle to find something new and creative. Sometimes you can be left feeling like you have the same choices over and over. That is why I love this Crockpot Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe. It is full of bright new flavors you don't always see in a crockpot dish and it is oh so good!
What Size Crockpot
This dish is made with 3 -5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. I would say if you were cooking on the small end at 3 chicken breasts you could make this in a 4 Quart Crockpot without at problem.
Although, if you were making this for a family with more chicken I would reccomend a 5 or 6 Quart Crockpot for best results.
How to Make Crockpot Creamy Lemon Chicken
The steps to throw this together are simple. The recipe calls for browning your chicken breasts in a skillet before you toss them in the crockpot. This step gives your chicken a better texture, but you can skip it and just go straight to chicken in the crockpot. It is not going to change the flavor of the end result that much.
Once the chicken in in the crockpot, pour in the chicken stock, tuck in the onions, and top with the lemon and butter. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours.
TIP - When cooking chicken, it almost always turns out better when cooked on high.
Remove chicken and keep warm. Transfer the broth to a large skillet and heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in parmesan and whisk to blend. Then, add the cream and cook until reduced by half, stirring often.
Serve the chicken with the cream sauce. YUM!
Keto Friendly Serving Suggestions
This Crock pot Creamy Lemon Chicken is KETO friendly if you serve it with the right sides. You can obviously enjoy it alone, but it is delicious on a bed of zucchini noodles, with a salad, or other steamed veggies.
Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Serving Suggestions
If you aren't eating Keto, then I highly recommend serving this dish over pasta. Any shape or size will do. The pasta soaks up some of that cream sauce and it is TO...DIE...FOR! You must try it!
Crockpot Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- ½ cup butter divided
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 lemons zested and juice reserved
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly shredded or grated is best
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Season chicken breast generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and sear on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Spray inside slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breast in the slow cooker.
- Add chicken stock to the skillet and deglaze the bottom of the pan by scraping with a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice and stir gently to combine. Pour chicken stock from skillet over chicken in slow cooker.
- Tuck onion wedges around chicken. Top with lemon zest, minced garlic, additional pepper, and remaining butter, cut into slabs.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and keep warm. Transfer broth to large skillet and heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in parmesan and whisk to blend. Then, add the cream and cook until reduced by half, stirring often.
- Serve chicken with cream sauce and chopped parsley and/or additional sliced lemon as garnish.