This post may contain affiliate links.
When it comes to crockpot meals my favorite are the ones where everything is in the pot. The main dish and all the sides. This Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing Dinner is one of those all in one meals that is mouthwatering delicious!
I gathered all of my ingredients. I really hate to use those cans of cream of ? soups. So I just used some chicken broth and a little bit of sour cream to add some creaminess. You can totally omit the sour cream to make this dairy free.
I also used the less popular chicken leg quarters. I had gotten some on sale this week and they worked perfectly for this meal. You can really use any kind of chicken breast, thighs, anything. You could even substitute a turkey breast and have Thanksgiving dinner done in a flash.
In your 6qt + crockpot layer the chicken, then the stuffing mix, then pour over your chicken broth. Top with some frozen green beans or a can of drained green beans. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
If you need a gluten free option you can use a gluten free stuffing mix for this meal.
This is what I opened my crockpot to. YUM!
Just scoop and serve. Such a tasty dinner option!
Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing DinnerPrint Pin Rate
- 4 chicken breasts or 2 leg quarters, or equivalent chicken
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional
- 1 Bag of Stuffing Mix 12oz
- 1 small package of frozen green beans or one can of green beans drained
- Spray the crockpot with non stick cooking spray
- Place the defrosted chicken in the bottom of the crockpot as your first bottom layer.
- Next top the chicken with the stuffing mix .
- In a separate bowl, mix together the broth and sour cream. The sour cream is optional. It makes everything a little more creamy. Top this mixture over the dry stuffing mix.
- The last layer will be the frozen green beans or a can of drained green beans.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours.
- When done fluff the stuffing with a fork and serveDairy Free
- Omit the sour creamGluten Free
- Use a gluten free stuffing mix