When it comes to crockpot meals my favorite are the ones where everything is in the pot. The main dish and all the sides. This Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing Dinner is one of those all in one meals that is mouthwatering delicious!
I gathered all of my ingredients. I really hate to use those cans of cream of ? soups. So I just used some chicken broth and a little bit of sour cream to add some creaminess. You can totally omit the sour cream to make this dairy free.
I also used the less popular chicken leg quarters. I had gotten some on sale this week and they worked perfectly for this meal. You can really use any kind of chicken breast, thighs, anything. You could even substitute a turkey breast and have Thanksgiving dinner done in a flash.
In your 6qt + crockpot layer the chicken, then the stuffing mix, then pour over your chicken broth. Top with some frozen green beans or a can of drained green beans. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
If you need a gluten free option you can use a gluten free stuffing mix for this meal.
This is what I opened my crockpot to. YUM!
Just scoop and serve. Such a tasty dinner option!
- 4 chicken breasts (or 2 leg quarters, or equivalent chicken)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 Bag of Stuffing Mix (12oz)
- 1 small package of frozen green beans or one can of green beans (drained)
- Spray the crockpot with non stick cooking spray
- Place the defrosted chicken in the bottom of the crockpot as your first bottom layer.
- Next top the chicken with the stuffing mix .
- In a separate bowl, mix together the broth and sour cream. The sour cream is optional. It makes everything a little more creamy. Top this mixture over the dry stuffing mix.
- The last layer will be the frozen green beans or a can of drained green beans.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours.
- When done fluff the stuffing with a fork and serveDairy Free
- Omit the sour creamGluten Free
- Use a gluten free stuffing mix