This post may contain affiliate links.
I love getting my kids involved in the kitchen. The crockpot makes it easy for them to help whip up a snack or dessert. The fact that they don’t have to mess with the oven or the stove helps this mama worry less. They decided to try their hand at pizza the other day and made this Crockpot Pizza Pull Apart Bread.
This is so easy because it uses canned biscuit dough! All the prep work is just putting the pieces in the crockpot.
We sprayed the inside of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Then we cut each biscuit into 1/4ths. We tossed the biscuit pieces in a little olive oil seasoned with some Italian seasoning. You could use butter instead if you aren’t an olive oil fan.
After a single layer of biscuits top with shredded cheese and pepperoni. Continue to layer until you have used all of your biscuits. This will vary depending on the size of your crockpot. I recommend a 4 qt+ crockpot for this recipe but a 3qt may work too.
Top the final layer with cheese and pepperoni. Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hour. (Not all slow cookers cook the same. Test for doneness after 1 hour and 30 minutes by inserting knife into center to make sure biscuits are fully baked; outer edge will be dark golden brown.)
This was mine when it was all done. We turned the heat off and let it cool for a few minutes before we tried to remove it.
Just pull off some pieces and serve with some marinara sauce! PERFECTION!
Crockpot Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- 1 can 16.3 oz refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 8 oz
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Spray inside of a 4-6 qt crockpot with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each into 4-6 pieces depending on size. Toss pieces in a bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil (or melted butter) and Italian seasoning. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Place a single layer of biscuit pieces in the bottom of your crockpot. Top with some of the shredded cheese and pepperoni. Continue to layer until you have used all of your ingredients. The final lay should be cheese and pepperoni.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hour. (Not all slow cookers cook the same. Test for doneness after 1 hour and 30 minutes by inserting knife into center to make sure biscuits are fully baked; outer edge will be dark golden brown.)
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Pull apart and serve with the marinara sauce.