This post may contain affiliate links.
A classic home cooked recipe that is make even better in the slow cooker! You have to try this tasty Crockpot cabbage rolls recipe!
Are you looking to add something a little different to your menu plan? Check out this easy to make Crockpot Cabbage rolls Recipe! A classic, homestyle recipe that is made even easier by tossing them in the crockpot!
This recipe is perfect to make bigger or smaller depending on the size of your crowd and your crockpot. It is very forgiving and flexible! Plus, there are even directions to make them gluten free too!
Crockpot Cabbage Rolls
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed rice chex or crackers
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef 90% lean
- 1 can 46 ounces V8 juice
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well. (Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use.)
- Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, chex crumbs, egg and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Secure with toothpicks if desired.
- Place cabbage rolls in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour V8 juice over rolls. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until filling reaches 160°.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese if desired.