Every day deserves a good dessert! This one is so easy and amazing! Try this Crockpot Apple Dump Cake Recipe with gluten free and dairy free options.
This week has been a tough one. Not really sure why. Just some weeks are like that. When it is finally over and Friday rolls around I like to treat myself with something special. We all need a little reward for “making it” sometimes. This week my reward is this Crockpot Apple Dump Cake and a scoop of Homemade Ice Cream.
This recipe is so easy! It is literally just a couple cans of pie filling, a cake mix, cinnamon and a stick of butter. Hey….I didn’t say it was low calorie. Plus, I decided to add some pecans just because.
It is called a dump cake because you just dump everything in your crockpot. I dumped in the apple pie filling. Then mixed the cake mix, cinnamon, pecans, and melted butter in a bowl. Once it is mixed crumble it over the top of the pie filling. Cook on high for 2 hours.
After 2 hours this bubbling yumminess greeted me when I lifted the lid.
Scoop and serve while warm.
Add a scoop of ice cream for an added bonus. JUST PERFECTION!
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans Apple Pie Filling
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped; optional)
- In a 5-6 quart crockpot dump the 2 cans of apple pie filling. In a bowl mix together the cake mix, cinnamon, pecans, and melted butter. Crumble the cake mix over the apple pie filling.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream
- Use a gluten free cake mix
- Use coconut oil or vegetable oil instead of butter. Use a dairy free cake mix.
- Crockpot Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.