This is one of our most popular recipes and it is full of flavor. Such a great side dish you have to give these Crockpot Bacon & Cheese potatoes a try! They are delicious as a side dish for dinner or part of a brunch.
A love easy crockpot recipes like this! Just layer the potatoes, bacon, and cheese along with some green onions right in a foil-lined slow cooker. Cover by folding over the foil or place another piece of foil. Cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 8 – 10 hours.
The foil prevents the bottom of the potatoes from getting burned and also makes clean up a breeze. You could substitute parchment paper if you don’t’ have or want to use foil.
This dish is best prepared in a 4 qt or larger crockpot. You can double this recipe easily, but you will want to use at least a 6-quart crockpot if you do.
- 1/4 pound bacon (diced)
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.