During the holidays or just for a weeknight meal this Crockpot Green Beans Recipe is a must! These beans are so full of flavor, everyone will want the recipe!
These green beans are out of this world amazing! We usually make them for the holidays but they are good any time of the year. Like with many recipes, you could make them on the stove, but why not use the crockpot and save some time and space. These Crockpot Green Beans are some of the best!
Of course, the little bit of bacon you add to this recipe increases the flavor and gives them that special something that makes everyone want the recipe!
The bacon does go into the crockpot raw, and will cook while the beans cook. If you prefer you can brown it a little before you add it to the crockpot. You an also use fresh green beans instead of canned if you choose. Just be sure they are washed and cleaned well. Also, add liquid to make up for the liquid from the cans. Probably 1 1/2 cups of water with a 1/2 tsp of salt should do the trick.
- 4 cans cut green beans (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 slices bacon (cut into small pieces)
- Pour 2 cans drained and 2 can undrained green beans in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chopped onion, bouillon cubes, pepper, garlic powder and cut up bacon. Stir to combine.
- Cover tightly and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Use a gluten free bouillon to make these gluten free
More Crockpot Side Dishes
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.