I am always looking for great side dishes that can be turned into meals and this is a winner. This great Tomato risotto can have white beans or some diced chicken to turn it into a meal!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (to add later)
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the sundried tomatoes into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, or until the rice is tender
- Remove the lid of your cooker and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Turn off the cooker and let the risotto sit for 10 minutes with the lid off before serving.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.