This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you love lasagna? Or are you looking for a great meatless meal? Either way this Crockpot Veggie Lasagna does the trick. It is full of the cheesy goodness you would expect from a good lasagna plus some tasty veggies to make this a super filling vegetarian dish. This is perfect for a family meal that everyone will love.
You can even use gluten free lasagna noodles to make it gluten free too!
Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 5- ounce package baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 3 large or 4 small portobello mushroom caps gills removed (see Tip), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans 15 ounces each Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 8 ounces
- 1 container 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
Combine ricotta, spinach, mushrooms and zucchini in a large bowl.
Combine Tomato sauce, garlic and onion in a medium bowl.
Generously coat a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker. Arrange 5 noodles over the sauce, overlapping them slightly and breaking into pieces to cover as much of the sauce as possible. Spread half of the ricotta-vegetable mixture over the noodles and firmly pat down, then spoon on 1 1/2 cups sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
Repeat the layering one more time, starting with noodles. Top with a third layer of noodles.
Evenly spread the remaining tomato sauce over the noodles. Set aside the remaining 1 cup mozzarella in the refrigerator.
Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours. Turn off the slow cooker, sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on the lasagna, cover and let stand for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
This can be made with gluten free lasagna noodles.