Do you love lasagna? Or are you looking for a great meatless meal? Either way this Crockpot Veggie Lasagna does the trick. It is full of the cheesy goodness you would expect from a good lasagna plus some tasty veggies to make this a super filling vegetarian dish. This is perfect for a family meal that everyone will love.
You can even use gluten free lasagna noodles to make it gluten free too!
Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- 1 5- ounce package baby spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 3 large or 4 small portobello mushroom caps (gills removed (see Tip), halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 small zucchini (quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (chopped (1/2 cup))
- 3 cans (15 ounces each Italian-style tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Combine ricotta, spinach, mushrooms and zucchini in a large bowl.
- Combine Tomato sauce, garlic and onion in a medium bowl.
- Generously coat a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker. Arrange 5 noodles over the sauce, overlapping them slightly and breaking into pieces to cover as much of the sauce as possible. Spread half of the ricotta-vegetable mixture over the noodles and firmly pat down, then spoon on 1 1/2 cups sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering one more time, starting with noodles. Top with a third layer of noodles.
- Evenly spread the remaining tomato sauce over the noodles. Set aside the remaining 1 cup mozzarella in the refrigerator.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours. Turn off the slow cooker, sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on the lasagna, cover and let stand for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.